Since it’s one of the most important components of the AC, when something goes wrong with the evaporator coil, the signs are unmistakable.
Keep an eye out for the following signs in your home that could mean trouble with the evaporator coil:
- Uneven temperature distribution in your home, such as cold spots or warm spots
- AC turns on and off all the time without actually cooling anything down
- Warm air instead of cold air coming from the vents
- Condenser unit making odd noises due to being overworked
- Increased or inconsistent humidity in your home
- Strange noises coming from the air handler
If you experience any of these issues, you may have a problem with your evaporator coil. Noticing anything strange with your AC unit merits a call to a professional. At Hembree Heating & Air Conditioning, our experienced Mobile AC technicians can accurately diagnose the problem and let you know the best way to proceed with a repair.