AC Installation in Mobile, AL
Reliable Air Conditioning Replacements Throughout Baldwin County
During the hot summer months, an air conditioner can provide relief from the heat outside. An air conditioner makes sleeping at night more comfortable and can be vitally important to keep children and the elderly away from the risk of heatstroke. If your AC system needs to be replaced or you are looking to upgrade your system, call Hembree Heating & Air Conditioning. With over 50 years of experience, our Mobile AC technicians can help provide the perfect solution for your cooling needs.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your AC
Knowing when it's time to stop scheduling repairs for your air conditioner and finally replacing it with a new unit can be tricky – the up-front cost is considerably higher, but the long-term savings can more than make up that difference and even end up saving you money. Some key signs that your AC is on its last legs and needs to be replaced include:
- Strange noises: While no air conditioner runs completely silent, if you ever notice screeching, grinding, buzzing, or any other new and unusual noises coming from it are a clear sign that something is wrong and needs to be checked out.
- Increased humidity: Part of the AC's job is to keep humidity at a consistent level, so if that's not getting done you should give us a call to diagnose the issue.
- Rising energy bills: Older AC units that are on their last legs might still achieve the same level of output that the thermostat sets, but they'll be less efficient in doing so. Because of this, you'll be paying for that extra electricity your unit will need. That, plus the fact that newer models are far more energy-efficient in general.
- Frequent and/or expensive repairs: If your unit needs repair after repair, you should ask the repairman how much a new unit would cost because at some point it'll be cheaper than constant repairs. In addition, if the cost of a single repair is ever at least half the cost of a new unit, you should seriously consider a replacement.
- Age: Air conditioners typically last between 10 and 20 years depending on regular maintenance and tune-ups. If your air conditioner is older than 15 years old, you might want to think twice before getting it repaired again. While a new unit might be more expensive than a repair, you're going to need a new unit soon enough and that repair will be a sunk cost.
A traditional air conditioner will last about ten years with regular maintenance and inspections. Although, if your unit is losing efficiency and beginning to need more repairs or cost more to operate, it may be in your best interest to replace the unit sooner. Additionally, if your AC is over 10 years old, service parts are usually no longer available, so it may be more beneficial to replace it altogether.
Reasons to Upgrade to an Energy-Efficient Unit
With the rising cost of energy and the growing concern for the environment, energy-efficient AC systems are becoming more prevalent. These units use less energy to create the same amount of cooling power. The results are a less expensive, more robust system that will last you for years to come.
Why Work with Us?
At Hembree Heating & Air Conditioning, we specialize in the installation and replacement of air conditioning units. When we come to your home, we will assess your current setup and provide cost-effective and options for your new system. While installing your new AC system, our Mobile AC technicians will ensure that all the components work perfectly and that your unit will run efficiently and will not succumb to any unexpected repairs.
Contact Our Mobile Cooling Experts Today!
Hembree Heating & Air Conditioning can provide you with excellent air conditioning options for your home. Don’t wait until summer to replace or install a new air conditioning system!
Once again, excellent customer service. Al the technician called and arrived within 10 minutes. Al diagnosed and fixed the problem within 20 minutes. He was courteous, prompt, friendly and answered all of my questions. LOL....questions that went why this or why that. He took the time and answered every single question.- Lera Seals
Tyler fixed our problem quickly. He was super nice. To be so young he knew so much about AC/Heating. Would highly recommend!- Melisa
Beautiful system installed, operates as well as it looks! We could not be any more satisfied! Thank you guys!- TERRY & BARBARA
Absolutely 100% satisfied with new heating and cooling unit! We have already saved $60/month or power bill. Mr. Hembree was great to work with and he couldn't have a better crew or personnel. Thanks for the gift! Cookies were great!- J.T.
Diagnosed the issue and gave me different options for repair. The work was completed and system is working properly. Excellent service!- William
I am so very pleased with every aspect of our new Heat and Cool system from start to finish. Everyone involved was extremely professional, knowledgeable and courteous. They were clean, fast and friendly. The unit is awesome. I highly recommend everyone to use Don Hembree for their heating and cooling needs. You'll be glad you did.- Randy
I am a single mom. I had 2 other companies out. They wanted over $1000 to repair my AC. I called and had Hembree come out. The tech gave me a price to repair. It was $400 less than the other companies. I okayed him to repair. The system is working perfectly. Thank you for not taking advantage of my situation.- Sara
I have been without heat. Hembree came out and repaired my unit. The repair man was smart. I even got a discount which helped with my fixed income. I am nice and warm.- Polly