Heating & Air Conditioning Company in Semmes
Call (251) 259-4664 for Quality HVAC Services
If your heating or air conditioning system is malfunctioning, know that you can rely on Hembree Heating & Air Conditioning. With nearly five decades of experience, our company has gained a reputation for providing a wide range of top quality HVAC services in Semmes and the surrounding areas. We are licensed, NATE certified, and highly trained in all HVAC system brands and models and we are committed to ensuring no less than 100% customer satisfaction.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Heater or Furnace
On average, a heater or furnace will last about 16-20 years. In that time, you may experience minor issues that require small repairs. Several signs may indicate that you need to replace your furnace sooner.
Some of these signs include:
- Excess carbon monoxide in the system- If you notice a yellow, flickering pilot light or soot around the unit, you may have too much carbon monoxide in the system.
- Inconsistent heating- Cold spots in your home may be a sign of inconsistent heating and should be examined by a professional.
- Structural damage- With wear and tear, your actual furnace may fall victim to dents, cracks or leaks. In these cases, you should replace it.
- Rising energy prices- Over time, your unit will lose efficiency. If you are noticing rising bills, you may benefit from a newer, more efficient unit.
- Increased repairs- In the past two years, if your furnace has required multiple repairs, it may be more cost-effective to install a new system.
The best way to ensure your furnace lasts a long time and does not require too many repairs is to invest in regular maintenance. With inspections, our Semmes heating experts can confirm that your heater or furnace is working at peak efficiency, and you are getting a good value for the system.
Common Air Conditioner Repairs
Your air conditioner works hard during the summer. With continued use, it makes sense that you may require some small repairs over time.
Some of the most common air conditioner repairs we see include:
- Dirty or clogged air filters- If the filter is clogged, your unit will strain to work properly and will lose efficiency.
- Overheating- This problem can be related to a dirty filter. If the system is malfunctioning or not working properly, it can overheat and cause problems for the fan belt, blower motor and more.
- Refrigerant leaks- If the refrigerant is low, it may be leaking. Don’t simply add more refrigerant. Call an expert to find the cause of the leak.
- Mechanical or electrical issues- Problems with subcomponents of the AC or issues with the thermostat are also common.
On average, an air conditioner will last 10 years. After this time, the system can lose efficiency and begin to cost more to operate. It’s also more likely that the system will require repairs that will begin to add up financially. In case our Semmes cooling technicians find that it is more cost-effective to replace the unit altogether, rest assured that we are here to help you find and install the right AC for your unique needs and budget.
Call Today for Professional Heating & AC System Services
Ask about our other great Semmes HVAC services such as:
- Furnace installation, repair, and maintenance
- Ductless mini-split AC systems
- Geothermal heating
- Heat pump services
- Evaporator coil services
- Air handler services
- Refrigerant leak repair
Contact our office today at (251) 259-4664 to schedule an appointment and to request for a free estimate!
Once again, excellent customer service. Al the technician called and arrived within 10 minutes. Al diagnosed and fixed the problem within 20 minutes. He was courteous, prompt, friendly and answered all of my questions. LOL....questions that went why this or why that. He took the time and answered every single question.- Lera Seals
Tyler fixed our problem quickly. He was super nice. To be so young he knew so much about AC/Heating. Would highly recommend!- Melisa
Beautiful system installed, operates as well as it looks! We could not be any more satisfied! Thank you guys!- TERRY & BARBARA
Absolutely 100% satisfied with new heating and cooling unit! We have already saved $60/month or power bill. Mr. Hembree was great to work with and he couldn't have a better crew or personnel. Thanks for the gift! Cookies were great!- J.T.
Diagnosed the issue and gave me different options for repair. The work was completed and system is working properly. Excellent service!- William
I am so very pleased with every aspect of our new Heat and Cool system from start to finish. Everyone involved was extremely professional, knowledgeable and courteous. They were clean, fast and friendly. The unit is awesome. I highly recommend everyone to use Don Hembree for their heating and cooling needs. You'll be glad you did.- Randy
I am a single mom. I had 2 other companies out. They wanted over $1000 to repair my AC. I called and had Hembree come out. The tech gave me a price to repair. It was $400 less than the other companies. I okayed him to repair. The system is working perfectly. Thank you for not taking advantage of my situation.- Sara
I have been without heat. Hembree came out and repaired my unit. The repair man was smart. I even got a discount which helped with my fixed income. I am nice and warm.- Polly