Mobile, AL Furnace Repair
Reliable Heating Repairs In Baldwin County
At Hembree Heating & Air Conditioning, we want to make sure your furnace has you covered when you need it most. With our comprehensive furnace repair and maintenance services in Mobile, you can rest easy knowing that your heating system is in good hands. Whether you need a quick repair or are looking for a thorough inspection, we can help.
Invest in Maintenance to Prevent the Unexpected
We recommend getting annual maintenance completed on your furnace. These inspections will ensure your system is running efficiently. During the inspection, we will check all the components and point out any problem areas that should be repaired or replaced.
Invest in annual maintenance with Hembree Heating & Air Conditioning and expect the following maintenance checks:
- Testing the thermostat
- Status verification of the thermocouple
- Testing the function of the pilot light
- Air filter cleaning and replacement
- Checking the gas valve, furnace control board, and limit control
- Blower motor and run capacitor test
By investing in proper maintenance, your furnace will last longer and require far less frequent repairs. Ensuring that your system is running efficiently will also save you money on heating costs.
Signs That You Need Furnace Repair
By listening to your furnace and keeping an eye out for issues, you can catch a problem before it causes a serious disruption to your home.
Some of the most common signs that your furnace will soon need service are as follows:
- Strange noises coming from the unit
- Heating or cooling power loss
- Water pooling on the floor around the unit
- Reduced airflow from the registers
- The unit is blowing cold air
Any number of these issues can mean a repair is required. The best course of action is to call our professional Mobile furnace technicians as soon as you notice something amiss with your unit.
Why is Your Furnace Not Heating Your Home?
A furnace not heating your home can be caused by various factors. To determine the exact reason, you'll need to troubleshoot and potentially seek professional help.
Here are some common reasons why your furnace might not be heating your home:
- Thermostat Issues: The thermostat may not be set correctly or could be malfunctioning. Make sure it's set to "heat" mode and set at the desired temperature. If it's a programmable thermostat, check the schedule settings.
- Dirty or Clogged Air Filters: A dirty or clogged air filter can restrict airflow, making it harder for the furnace to heat your home. Replace the air filter if it's dirty, and remember to do this regularly as part of routine maintenance.
- Pilot Light or Ignition Problems: For gas furnaces, if the pilot light is out or the ignition system is malfunctioning, the furnace won't produce heat. Check if the pilot light is lit or follow the manufacturer's instructions to relight it. If you're not comfortable doing this, call a professional.
- Thermocouple Issues: The thermocouple is a safety device that ensures the pilot light stays lit. If it's faulty, it can prevent the furnace from heating. A professional should inspect and replace it if necessary.
- Electrical Problems: Faulty wiring, a tripped circuit breaker, or a blown fuse can disrupt the electrical components of the furnace. Check your circuit breaker and fuses to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Lack of Fuel (Gas Furnaces): If you have a gas furnace, check that the gas supply is on and that there are no issues with the gas line. Also, ensure the gas valve to the furnace is open.
- Flame Sensor Issues: A malfunctioning flame sensor can prevent the gas furnace from igniting properly. Cleaning or replacing the flame sensor may resolve the issue.
- Blower Motor Problems: If the blower motor is not functioning, the furnace may produce heat but won't distribute it throughout your home. Check if the blower motor is running. If it's not, it may need repairs or replacement.
- Ductwork Problems: Damaged or poorly connected ducts can lead to heat loss before air reaches the rooms. Inspect your ductwork for leaks, gaps, or disconnections.
- Blocked Vents or Registers: Ensure that all vents and registers are open and unobstructed. Blocked vents can restrict the flow of warm air into your living spaces.
- Furnace Age and Wear: Older furnaces can develop problems due to wear and tear. In some cases, it may be more cost-effective to replace an old furnace rather than repair it.
If you've checked the common issues listed above and your furnace is still not heating your home, it's advisable to contact a qualified HVAC technician.
They can perform a more thorough inspection, diagnose the problem accurately, and provide the necessary repairs to get your furnace working efficiently and safely.
Remember that working on a furnace can be dangerous, so it's often best left to professionals.
Why Hire a Furnace Service Professional?
Who to Call for Furnace Repair
While the internet might be an excellent tool for diagnosing furnace problems, actually doing the heating repairs should be left to the experts. A professional Mobile heating technician knows exactly what the problem is and has all the tools and skills to complete the repair with finesse and care. An expert will double check the work to ensure your unit is working safely and efficiently going forward.
Don’t Wait, Get Your Furnace Repaired Today
Before the temperature drops, contact the experts at Hembree Heating & Air Conditioning. Our friendly and intelligent staff are happy to answer any questions you have.
Once again, excellent customer service. Al the technician called and arrived within 10 minutes. Al diagnosed and fixed the problem within 20 minutes. He was courteous, prompt, friendly and answered all of my questions. LOL....questions that went why this or why that. He took the time and answered every single question.- Lera Seals
Tyler fixed our problem quickly. He was super nice. To be so young he knew so much about AC/Heating. Would highly recommend!- Melisa
Beautiful system installed, operates as well as it looks! We could not be any more satisfied! Thank you guys!- TERRY & BARBARA
Absolutely 100% satisfied with new heating and cooling unit! We have already saved $60/month or power bill. Mr. Hembree was great to work with and he couldn't have a better crew or personnel. Thanks for the gift! Cookies were great!- J.T.
Diagnosed the issue and gave me different options for repair. The work was completed and system is working properly. Excellent service!- William
I am so very pleased with every aspect of our new Heat and Cool system from start to finish. Everyone involved was extremely professional, knowledgeable and courteous. They were clean, fast and friendly. The unit is awesome. I highly recommend everyone to use Don Hembree for their heating and cooling needs. You'll be glad you did.- Randy
I am a single mom. I had 2 other companies out. They wanted over $1000 to repair my AC. I called and had Hembree come out. The tech gave me a price to repair. It was $400 less than the other companies. I okayed him to repair. The system is working perfectly. Thank you for not taking advantage of my situation.- Sara
I have been without heat. Hembree came out and repaired my unit. The repair man was smart. I even got a discount which helped with my fixed income. I am nice and warm.- Polly