Signs You Should Replace Your Furnace
Typically, a furnace will last up to 20 years with proper maintenance. If your furnace is exhibiting any of the following signs, it may be time to replace the system sooner:
- Rising heating costs- If your furnace is losing efficiency and costing more to operate, a new, energy-efficient replacement may be more economical.
- A flickering or yellow pilot light- This sign indicates excess carbon monoxide. This deadly gas that cause serious harm to your family. Call a professional ASAP.
- Soot around the furnace- This is another sign of excess carbon monoxide. This should also be taken seriously and handled by a professional as soon as possible.
- Frequent furnace repairs in the past two years- Over time, the cost of repairs will begin to add up. In these cases, a replacement may be the better option.
- Cold spots or uneven heating in the home- Your heater may be losing heating power. In these cases, a replacement will provide a more reliable heating system.
- Structural issues- With wear and tear, your unit can sustain physical damage such as dents or leaks. If your furnace is damaged, it should be replaced.
While the internet might be an excellent tool for diagnosing furnace problems, repairs should be left to the experts. A professional Mobile heating technician can accurately diagnose the problem and perform repairs quickly and effectively. An expert will double check the work to ensure your unit is working safely and efficiently going forward.
Call for Furnace Repairs in Mobile, AL
Before the temperature drops, contact the experts at Hembree Heating & Air Conditioning. Our friendly and intelligent staff are happy to answer any questions you have.
Invest in annual furnace maintenance and expect the following checks:
- Testing the thermostat
- Status verification of the thermocouple
- Testing the function of the pilot light
- Air filter cleaning and replacement
- Checking the gas valve, furnace control board, and limit control
- Blower motor and run capacitor test
For fast, quality furnace services in Mobile, call (251) 259-4664. We offer free estimates and 24/7 service!
What is a Furnace vs Heat Pump?
You have a couple of different central heating options if you’re looking at a replacement.
Furnaces work by heating air and then distributing it throughout the house using a system of ducts. They usually provide much more powerful heat and can be gas powered. They are used in conjunction with an air conditioning unit to provide the right temperature all year round.
Heat pumps, on the other hand, are used to both heat and cool homes. In the summer, heat pumps remove heat from the air inside the home and release it outside. During the winter, they do the opposite, drawing heat from the outside air and distributing it throughout the house. They can be less effective in very cold climates since they rely on there being some warmth in the outdoor air. (Fortunately in Alabama we don’t really have to worry about that).
We can review your options with you to make sure you have all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Find out for yourself how we've helped customers in Mobile and the surrounding areas with their furnace repair and installation needs by reading recent reviews!